Articles on this Page
- 12/23/18--03:27: _NSX performance issues
- 01/03/19--06:39: _Login over API
- 01/03/19--07:30: _видиопамять windows XP
- 12/16/12--12:01: _Could not look up h...
- 01/01/19--09:43: _IP Address manageme...
- 01/03/19--08:07: _VMWare Workstation ...
- 01/22/18--06:08: _VM web console usin...
- 01/01/19--17:28: _UAG Load Balancing ...
- 01/03/19--08:37: _Error trying to upg...
- 05/03/18--03:25: _Edit/update Notes i...
- 01/03/19--09:03: _MPSD 7 & vROPs 7 - ...
- 01/03/19--08:49: _reconfigure action
- 05/14/18--05:32: _vRA 7.4 - Custom Fo...
- 12/18/18--12:38: _vRA 7.5 Upgrade Pre...
- 12/31/18--06:56: _copy file with powe...
- 01/03/19--10:02: _USB problem
- 12/18/18--10:38: _VRA 7.4 Making Stor...
- 12/11/18--11:17: _Can VCSA 6.5 U2 be ...
- 01/03/19--09:43: _Sizing Virtual hard...
- 12/17/18--08:51: _Allow specific clie...
- 12/23/18--03:27: NSX performance issues
- 01/03/19--06:39: Login over API
- 01/03/19--07:30: видиопамять windows XP
- 01/01/19--09:43: IP Address management using native (no NSX) vRA Network Profiles
- 01/03/19--08:07: VMWare Workstation Player 15 on Linux Host
- 01/01/19--17:28: UAG Load Balancing using HAProxy
- TenantA - external URL: daas.tenanta.com
- TenantB - external URL: daas.tenantb.com
- and so on....
- Single pfSense firewall with HAProxy package installed
- Single UAG (10.0.0.5) for tenantA
- external URL daas.tenanta.com with public IP address (22.214.171.124)
- One internal-facing VIP (10.0.0.1) which acts as the gateway for the UAG
- Firewall does 1:1 NAT from daas.tenanta.com to VIP (i.e. 126.96.36.199 -> 10.0.0.1)
- Firewall rules allowing any -> VIP for ports 443, 8443 and 4172.
- UAG is configured using apsetup.sh script. It configures the following settings:
- proxyDestinationURL: https://tenant_appliance_ip
- pcoipExternalUrl: 188.8.131.52:4172
- blastExternalUrl: daas.tenanta.com:8443
- tunnelExternalUrl: daas.tenanta.com:443
- UAG gateway is the VIP (10.0.0.1)
- HAProxy configuration:
- One frontend for ports 443, 8443, 4172
- Three backends for ports 443, 8443 and 4172 all with tenantA UAG as backend server
- I've also tried one backend for just port 443 with tenantA UAG as backend server as this seems to work for Blast connections via browser
- Frontend acl uses SNI for daas.tenanta.com to send to tenantA UAG backend
- Browser access to both the user portal (daas.tenanta.com) and admin portal (daas.tenanta.com/admin) work fine
- Initiating a Blast connection to the desktop via the browser, works fine.
- Using the Horizon Client, I can authenticate successfully but then get the "could not establish tunnel connection" error message. This is what I ultimately need to get working!
- Should I be using layer 4 (tcp) or layer 7 (ssl/https) load balancing?
- Should I have multiple backends, one for each port
- I really want to use source IP affinity as per Load Balancing across VMware Unified Access Gateway Appliances as I think HAProxy can see the client IP address. (i.e. in the HAProxy logs I can see the client IP address.) I don't really want to go with the other two methods if I can help it.
- Why does Blast via a browser work when I just have one backend listening on 443? When I do a netstat on my client I can see an active connection to 184.108.40.206:8443.
- Note that when I revert the solution to just a plain firewall bypassing the load-balancer, everything (browser and Horizon client) works fine. i.e. traditional port-forwarding/NAPT to the UAG with FW ACLs allowing any -> UAG:443,8443,4172.
- I've also used a second tenant to test the SNI ACL and that seems to work fine too. i.e. I can use blast via browser to both daas.tenanta.com and daas.tenantb.com.
- Collected debug logs on Horizon View client
- Analysed debug logs on tenant appliance
- Analysed UAG logs
- In the above three log collections, I saw nothing obvious to my untrained eyes
- com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.exception.ConnectionException: java.net.UnknownHostException: null: Name or service not known
- 05/03/18--03:25: Edit/update Notes in VM
- 01/03/19--09:03: MPSD 7 & vROPs 7 - Doesnt Seem to Install Correctly
- 01/03/19--08:49: reconfigure action
- 05/14/18--05:32: vRA 7.4 - Custom Forms Data Grid
- Adding the Grid to the Forms I got this Error:
- Using the "disks" Grid "breaks" any approval Policies based on Storage Size
- If you use an external vRO Action for the Grid Values the Return type of the Action must be "Array/Properties". In my Case the Action was not found if I use this return Type.
- 12/18/18--12:38: vRA 7.5 Upgrade PreCheck fails IIS Server Not Responding
- 12/31/18--06:56: copy file with powershell in orchestrator
- 01/03/19--10:02: USB problem
- 12/18/18--10:38: VRA 7.4 Making Storage Cluster Selection During Request
- 01/03/19--09:43: Sizing Virtual hard disk
- 12/17/18--08:51: Allow specific clients to connect
Hi all, I have an NSX home lab running. Here a basic overview of the setup:
My PC is on the 192.168.1.x/24 network. UniFi USG as the gateway
ESXi Hosts, vCSA, NSX Manager, NSX Control cluster are on the 10.0.0.0/24 network, tagged VLAN 2, on a 10Gbit switch. Also on this network (and switch) is a QNAP NAS. Again, using the UniFi USG as the gateway.
I don't think it matters but I am running vSAN and they are using a directly connected network for vSAN and vMotion. Witness traffic is tagged on the 10.0.0.0/24 VMk where the witness appliance resides.
I have two logical networks, 5001 and 5002, 172.16.0.0/24 and 172.16.10.0/24 respectively.
I have one Edge gateway. This has an interface for 5001 and 5002. It also has an interface on the VLAN 2 port group for external traffic.
The VMs on the 5001 and 5002 networks use the edge as their gateway. The edge uses the UniFi USG as it's gateway.
I then have a static route on the UniFi USG which directs 5001 and 5002 traffic to the interface on the VLAN 2 port group of the Edge.
Not the most complex of setups I don't think. I wasn't sure if I needed an Edge for each logical network but it's working fine with just the single one.
Running iPerf tests from host to host I get the expected 10Gbps speed.
Running iPerf tests from the host to the QNAP NAS I get 10Gbps.
Running it from my PC to a VM on a logical network I get 1Gbps (PC is only 1Gbit, as is the UniFi USG).
The issue that I am having is RDP performance from my PC to a VM is poor, it's like it's on 10 frames a second. It does this if the VM is in the VLAN 2 port group of if it's connected to either logical switch.
I'm guessing here that it's the UniFi USG causing the issues? I do have a pfSense appliance I could try I guess.
The second issue I am having is if I do an iPerf test between VMs, either on the same logical network or seperate networks, traffic appears limited, peaking around 5Gbps but around 2-3 average.
This leads me to believe that the issue is in the edge configuration somehow, or is this normal behaviour? I'd have thought I would see the full 10Gbps.
I'm trying to receive a Session_Id from my LogInsight.
Can anybody tell me whats wrong with my request? (I've received status 401 Unauthorized)
не получаетя увеличить видиопамять в windows XP
Wm ware player
Hey all. I know I am using proper syntax, but it seems like there's a missing service running on my esx cluster. I am able to log in with vSphere, but cannot use ovftool to export a stopped server in my ESX 4.0 cluster environment.
command I am using:
ovftool vi://[username]:[password]@vi://192.168.77.111/[serverid] d:\[serveridoutput].ovf
the error I am receiving is as follows:
Error: Could not lookup host: [username]
Completed with errors
Now it's interesting because the server does seem to know that I am using a proper user/pass because if I make a mistake on the password, I am given another chance to log in, until I miss three tries. If I enter the correct password, it seems to almost connect, then fails out with the above error. I would *REALLY* appreciate some help with this guys.
Thanks in advance!
I have been trying to understand the different states an IP Address within the vRA Network Profile has!
The problem statement:
I have 2 Network Profiles, QA & DEV. Presently only "QA" network profile is being used and no IP address from the static IP pool for "DEV" network profile has been provisioned.
Some IP Addresses from the static IP Pool defined within the "QA" network profile have been provisioned. Some IP address from the QA network profile are in Allocated or Unallocated state. The question is how do I identify unprovisioned IP Addresses from a network profile using vRO?
Am I right in stating that IP address state transitions from Unprovisioned to Provisioned. And within a Provisioned state an IP Address could either be Allocated (assigned to a vRA item) or Unallocated. When I release the IP Address, it moves to Provisioned-Unallocated state, and when I update the IP Address to be delete (if for lack of a better word that's what it means) it actually moves the IP address to an Unprovisioned state. An unprovisioned IP Address is part of the network pool which can then assigned by vRA to an provisioned (catalog) item.
Am I thinking right or have I completely understood this concept incorrectly?
Thanks. Appreciate your feedback.
I have a question that I'm wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this.
I recently installed Workstation Player 15.02 on a Linux host (Mint 19, i7, 16 GB RAM). I am running into an issue where ANY virtual OS - Windows or Linux - I use/install has a problem with the virtual network interface in the virtual itself going up and down constantly. It doesn't happen at a consistent rate, but it happens a lot. One thing I consistently see in the VM's log file regarding the interface is this:
vmx| I125: VNET: MACVNetLinkStateEventHandler: event, up:0, adapter:0
vmx| I125: VNET: MACVNetLinkStateEventHandler: 'ethernet0' state from 5 to 7.
vmx| I125: VNET: MACVNetLinkStateEventHandler: event, up:1, adapter:1
vmx| I125: VNET: MACVNetLinkStateEventHandler: 'ethernet0' state from 7 to 2.
vmx| I125: VNET: MACVNetLinkStateTimerHandler: 'ethernet0' state from 2 to 6.
vmx| I125: VNET: MACVNetLinkStateTimerHandler: 'ethernet0' state from 6 to 1.
vmx| I125: VNET: MACVNetLinkStateTimerHandler: 'ethernet0' state from 1 to 5.
I tried ensuring that the Tools were the most up to date, but that didn't seem to correct anything. I know that my host's network interface is fine as I have not seen any state changes from it, nor have I seen any state changes from a virtual Linux host running in Virtual Box (which I loaded as a control test).
If anyone knows of any solutions for this, it would be a great help. Thanks!
When accessing a VM console, in Firefox only and not in Chrome or IE, keystrokes are duplicated even though the keyboard.typematicMinDelay parameter is set to 2000000. I know this is likely a Firefox issue, but wondering if anyone else has noticed this and found a workaround or fix. All browsers are current versions. In the past, Firefox seemed to work correctly but I had been using Chrome for the past year or so, so I don't know when the issue in Firefox may have started. I am looking at Firefox now because my Chrome doesn't want to run Flash at the moment.
Hi community, this problem has been bugging me for a while now so I figured I'd reach out to the community and hopefully get this thing working! Bear with me, this is a long one....
I work for a service provider and want to building out a scalable UAG-pair-per-tenant design behind a pair of HAProxy load-balancers for external (i.e. over the Internet) access. Note that we are using the Horizon DaaS product not the Horizon View product. Apart from the difference in name, I believe the UAG functions identically in both environments.
My final solution would be two pfSense (community edition) firewalls with the HAProxy package installed on both to provide HA and load-balancing functionality to the tenant UAGs behind them. As we onboard more tenants, I would add another pair of UAGs for each. HAProxy will selectively pick which UAG is required for the incoming connection based on SNI. For example:
Connections arriving at daas.tenanta.com will be directed to a UAG pair for tenantA. Connections arriving at daas.tenantb.com will be directed to a UAG pair for tenantB. And so on and so forth.
As this is my first attempt at building out a HAProxy solution I've decided to keep it simple and use just one pfSense/HAproxy load-balancer, one UAG and one tenant. This is what I have now:
In this given configuration, I've observed the following:
Some things I'm not sure about:
Some things I've tried:
I'm really at my wits end here so any help would be much appreciated!
I am trying to upgrade vRA 7.3.1 to vRA 7.4.0 using vRLCM 2.0.
I have imported my environment to vRLCM successfully. But during precheck for upgrade it is throwing below error for only my Primary Appliance. Rest everything is passed.
Just for note my vRA environment is 3 Node Cluster with 3 vRA Appliances.
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy163.retrieveContent(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: null: Name or service not known
at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)
... 19 more
Tried to search but coudnt find anything.
Please help here.
Hello, I have list of virtual machine where I need to modify existing notes, I would like to edit this notes (same for all) with powershell from a file (txt) Thanks
So back in November, VMware dropped a new (rewritten, not upgraded according to their release notes) version of the Management Pack for Storage Devices and per the site & release notes, supposedly fully support vROPs 7 Advanced (which is what I have).
So, after combing through the admin guide & release notes, I downloaded it and installed in my lab. The install seemed to go fine with no errors that I could see. I added my lab vcenter connection to the MPSD Adapter instance and waited a few cycles. After browsing the host inventory and looking at a host's properties, I can see the new Storage Controller > Configuration Properties category as expected; however, when trying to view the properties, it looks like they are all jacked up.
For one, not all the properties are there as defined in the user guide (for instance, Port State or Support Port Speeds). For two, the handful that are there aren't actually labeled the way the User Guide says they are (ie, instead of showing as "Driver Name", it just shows as "driver". And for three-- if I go into the Policy, it don't see any of the metrics or properties that DO show up, but I can see the Adapter Type/Object Types.
All very strange. I tried the install a few times-- checking the RESET & Install even if already there options. Reverted the snapshot and tried again... Tried taking cluster offline/ rebooting gracefully, bringing back online clean... etc..etc.. Nothing seems to work. Each time it goes through its install as if it went perfectly fine; yet, the metrics and properties are clearly not lining up with the admin guide.
I'm about to open an SR but was curious if anyone else has seen this?
One can use a custom form (with custom properties) to customise the deployment of a vRA blueprint.
Similarly can I use a custom form (with custom properties) with the *reconfigure* action? If yes how?
I am playing around with the Data Grid in the New Custom forms Designer - more precisely with the "disks" Grid. What I found so far:
Schema fields [[is_clone, initial_location, volumeId, id, label, custom_properties, userCreated, storage_reservation_policy, capacity]] should match the default value fields [[is_clone, initial_location, volumeId, id, label, userCreated, storage_reservation_policy, capacity]].
Cause: there is no "custom_properties" Field in the Grid Layout
Solution: Look at the "Default" Value and remove the "custom_properties," from the Header and the "," bevor the capacity - in my case before the "80":
true,,0,1525072814859,Hard disk 1,,false,,80
true,,0,1525072814859,Hard disk 1,,false,80
Cause: If you add more disks to the Grid the Value of "Storage (GB)" will not be incremented
Solution: Well... its more a workaround since I have not found a way to pass the Values of a Data Grid to an vRO Action. I created a vRO Action which fills the "disks" Grid based on Values in the Custom Form (the size of the template base disks are Hardcoded):
Workaround: I changed the Return Type to "Array/String" and the Action was found in vRA. After I changed the Values Binding in the Custom Form, Saved the Blueprint and corrected the Return Type of the Action to Array/Properties.
I am running the PreCheck to upgrade from vRA 7.4 to vRA 7.5 from vRSLCM. It fails on only one item: IISServer: IIS Server Not Responding on the IaaS Windows server.
I love the Error Recommendation: "The IIS Server is installed and running, but does not respond. See if prerequisite checker has other errors." But, as I said, there are no other errors, just this one.
I have rechecked all of the pre-reqs in the installation manual https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/7.5/com.vmware.vra.install.upgrade.doc/GUID-624C4494-6FC5-4446-88B4-61D7897FEE66.html. I have also verified and followed the instructions in KB 2138781 and KB 59658 (which are virtually identical). Still no love.
Any help would be appreciated. I would like to know just what this check is checking?
I wrote a powershell script which creates at the end a csv file and it copies the file to another server.
If I run the script manually in the server it create and copy the file successfully.
When I try to run it from vro with "Invoke an external script" workflow it creates the file but fails when it tries to copy the file to another server with an "Access is denied" error.
I also try to change the permission in the destination to Full Control in share and security permissions.
When I configured the powershell host in vro I used the same user as I run the script manually.
In order to copy the file I use the following line:
Copy-Item "c:\temp\test.csv" "\\servername\testfolder\test.csv"
I cant use my USB dongle and USB memory stick on WMW 15.02. Can anybody solve this problem.
I'm trying to allow for the individual storage clusters in a reservation to be chosen during catalog request, for example have a drop down where the requester can choose either tier1 or tier2.
I've done similar things with network and IPAM where I create a custom property definition and map it to the built in property.
I've tried these two properties but either recieve errors or the default algorithm takes over and places the VMs disks on the wrong storage.
Does anyone have any experience with allowing the selection of a storage tier from a catalog request form either with a custom property definition or storage reservation?
I have a couple of VCSA 6.5 U2 and would like to upgrade to 6.7. I now it was not recommended to go to 6.7. I see 6.7 U1 is out now and wanted to see if anyone knew if it's possible now and supported. Any and all help is highly appreciated.
how can i reduce the size of virtual hard disk, it allows me to increase but not to decrease
We want to allow some users to connect to our existing Horizon VDIs while outside the company.
The difficult part is that we want to configure somehow, so you cannot simply download the VMware Horizon Client and connect to our UAG/Horizon, but rather have some kind of check to see if other apps are running or something similar , so we can be able to not allow the user to have, lets say snipping tool open, while connecting to our environment.
Is there a way to do this?